Friday, July 01, 2005

Sarkar @ Tonite



The most awaited movie of the season is finally here. And I am going to watch it tonite. Thanks again to my roomie 'A', who bunked his office to get the tickets, when advance booking opened. Some advantage of having a hard-core movie buff as a roomie. Now I hear that all the weekend shows are booked !!

I am sure this is going to be a hell of movie. Starring my favourite actor (and according to me, the best actor ever !) Big B and directed by one of my favourite directors, Ram Gopal Varma. Man, its like John Galt meeting Howard Roark - at least in a cinematic way.

In an interview with the Hindu, RGV makes the following points with respect to Amitabh.
  • "Like most moviegoers I grew up watching the senior Bachchan doing amazing things on screen. I took my time to conceive a role that would showcase Amitabh Bachchan the way I wanted to see him. Were it not for Mr Bachchan I wouldn't have made 'Sarkar'."
  • "I think he's the only actor in Indian cinema who can hold the camera without saying a word."
  • "Mr Bachchan has taken 'Sarkar' much beyond where I could ever take it."
The following statement from RGV (published on the official website of Sarkar) comes as the icing on the cake.
"Finally I would state that 'Satya' and 'Company' were just preparatory blue prints for SARKAR."
Wow !! 'Satya' & 'Company' were mere blue-prints for 'Sarkar' ! Not withstanding the fact that today's movie-goer goes to cinema without much expectations (considering the kind of movies that have been releasing lately !), tonite when I go to watch Sarkar, I will be going in with a lot of expectations.

3 Comments:

Blogger //pukercense// said...

hi,
chanced on ur blog by accident..pretty cool..keep it up...

Yeah, i read the article in THE HINDU, but wat got me worried was his comments abt bigB, he's obviously excited abt working with him...he also said that Satya & Company were just preparatory blueprints...I thought that was just pushing it too much...cos, regardless of the hype this flick has created, he's gone ahead and compared it to Satya and Company...i just hope RGV didnt get carried away with BigB while making the movie cos at times, the important points in a movie tend to get sacrificed or overlooked when you have factors such as hype, a casting coup etc etc...

God I hope this movie lives up to its hype...in case i dont get to see it today, i'll come here and check for ur review..so pls post it as soon as u return...

Cheers.

3:22 AM  
Blogger NMM said...

C 2 that we something nice to talk abt it. the review @ rediff is not encouraging.........

3:51 AM  
Blogger Deba said...

Pukercense - Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, the review will be posted as soon as possible. Cheers.

Shanks - U know what? Whenever Rediff gives a negative review of a movie, the movie turns out to be really good.
A classic example would be "Black". Those jokers at Rediff & Indiafm dont know how to do a review. They can probably review only SRK starrer chocolatee movies.

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home