Friday, July 08, 2005

Drunken Rhyme !

My close friend NMM has two great passions; he is an ardent worshipper of Bacchus as well as an avid star-gazer. I can certify to the first one in the capacity of a first hand witness. As per the second, I am not so sure, but the testimony to his star-gazing habit is the fact that he owns a huge telescope. I often wonder what my friend does, when he combines both his passions. Perhaps he sings this rhyme !

(The backdrop could be some lonely stretch of beach on the East Coast Road, south of Chennai, very late in the night, NMM sits hunched over his telescope, after a marathon drinking session in the evening.)

Starkle, starkle, little twink,
Who the hell you are I think.
I'm not under what they call
The alcofluence of incohol.

I'm not drunk as thinkle peep,
I'm just a little slort of sheep.
Tee martoonis make a guy
Fool so feelish, don't know why.

Rally don't know who's me yet
The drunker I stay the longer I get
So just one more to full my cup,
I've all day sober to Sunday up!
PS - Dude, I wish your better half never sees this post of mine. And of course, due apologies in advance, in case she does.

3 Comments:

Blogger NMM said...

simple dude.........i try not to mix things...that was a nice post....wonder what instigated you to write something like that out of the blue

2:25 AM  
Blogger Deba said...

Well..I read the parody of the rhyme somewhere and thought that this applies to u more than anyone else I know, because of obvious reasons..

2:32 AM  
Blogger NMM said...

next time you get to meet a good looking girl(only) ------> apply.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home